Gravity casting is suitable for small to medium series production (1.000 – 100.000 pieces). These products can be cast in relatively simple shapes. For more complex shapes, machine finishing is required. While using this production method, no machine pressure is required. The process works with gravity – which in turn reduces the production costs.
- Better mechanical properties, dimensional accuracy and smoother casting surface than sand casting.
- Low start-up costs for small to medium production series.
- Castings are suitable for heat treatments.
- Minimum wall thicknesses are 5mm, smaller thickness is not recommended.
- Relatively simple shape complexity. For more complex shapes, we can offer alternative production techniques.