Low Pressure Die Casting
Low pressure casting is suitable for medium to large series production (2.000 – 100.000 pieces). These products can be cast in relatively complex shapes. For more complex shapes, machine finishing is required. The unique thing about this production method is the slow filling of the mold – the products are in fact suitable for heat treatment, which allows the mechanical properties to be improved.
- Stronger and larger products than high pressure injection molding.
- Due to slow mold filling, the porosity of products is lower.
- Castings are suitable for heat treatments.
- High shape complexity possible due to inserts or sand cores.
- Minimum wall thicknesses are 5mm, smaller thickness is not recommended.
- The process is slower than high pressure die casting.